CAPSTAT Capillary Thermostat CT-FL
Temperature control of heat trace circuits in safe or hazardous areas
- Three wide span temperature ranges
- Stainless steel sensor and capillary tube
- Optional over-temperature lock-out
- Approved for use in Zone 1 and 2 hazardous areas
- Enclosures suitable for Gas groups IIA, IIB & IIC
- Stainless steel armoured capillary
- Capstats are temperature adjustable ON-OFF thermostats comprising a liquid filled sensing bulb conected to an electrical switch via a capillary tube.
- Expansion of the liquid on rise in temperature causes the switch to open, and on cooling, it closes.
- Capstats may control surface temperatures such as pipes or vessels, or the sensing bulb may be positioned to sense the air temperature.
- They may be used to provide process temperature control in safe or Zone 1 or 2 hazardous areas by switching the heating circuits at the desired temperature and are available to suit Group IIA, IIB or IIC gases.
- The addition of a high limit cut-out switch (as provided with the Capstat-Dual version) is specified when the heat tracing scheme will not stabilise at a safe temperature without process control. It will operate if the process control switch fails or if an unsafe process temperature occurs.
- CT-FL../X - Hazardous area Ex d Capstat suitable for use in Zone 1 and 2 hazardous areas, Gas Groups IIA, IIB and IIC.
- CT-FL ../X/DUAL - Hazardous area Ex d Capstat suitable for use in Zone 1 and 2 hazardous areas, Gas Groups IIA, IIB and IIC. Over-temperature lock-out (20° - 300°C) (Factory preset)