Constant Wattage Heating Cables
We have been producing constant power heating cables for over 40 years. We produced the world's first parallel resistance cut-to-length heating cable in 1978. Constant Wattage heating cables, as their name suggests, are designed to deliver the same power output irrespective of pipe temperature.
Our PowerHeat (AHT) is a unique patented, high power, high temperature constant wattage cable. It has an aluminium outer jacket giving it a very high mechanical strength. It has a maximum temperature of 500°C (932°F) makes it the highest temperature rated cut-to-length heating cable in the world!
Example of Applications
- Freeze protection of pipework & vessels
- Process temperature maintenance
- Heating of small bore instrument lines
- Refrigeration applications
- MicroTracer range of cables offer very flexible cables for certain applications where this is beneficial.
- Suitable for use in safe, hazardous and corrosive areas
- Available up to 1000 volts
These cables can be used for a wide variety of applications including freeze protection of pipework and vessels and process temperature maintenance. See Applications page for more detailed information,
We can produce constant power heating cables within the following ranges:
- 12 - 1000 Volts
- Up to 425°C (797°F) withstand temperature
- Up to 200 W/m of output
View the Heat Trace Cable Range Max Exposure Temperature & Output Capability Graph: