Power Limiting Heating Cable (PL-AHT)
Available from Q2/3 2023
Electrical heating cable for process temperature maintenance of pipework and vessels in safe or hazardous areas
- Can be cut-to-length.
- Available for 110-120VAC and 220-240VAC.
- Power outputs up to 80W/m.
- Intermitant withstand temperature 500ºC
- Reduced start-up current.
- Suitable for use in safe, hazardous and corrosive areas.
- Continuous aluminium outer-jacket.
- 1m pitch standard heating zone.
- Full range of controls and accessories available.
- POWERHEAT Type PL-AHT is a power limiting heating cable that can be used for freeze protection or temperature maintenance of process temperatures in pipework and vessels.
- It can be cut-to-length at site and can replace mineral insulated (MI) cables for applications where the cut-to-length feature, or field fabricated heating cable is preferred.
- PL-AHT will be approved for use in non-hazardous and hazardous areas to world wide standards.
- The power output of PL-AHT reduces with increasing temperature due to the PTC effect of the heating resistor. This results in a lower startup current when compared with AHT/CW constant power cables.
- The installation of PL-AHT heating cable is quick and simple, and requires few special skills or tools. Termination and power connection components are all provided in convenient kits.
- PL-AHT is jacketed in a continuous aluminum extrusion for maximum mechanical strength.
Maximum Exposure Temperature
Minimum Installation Temperature
Minimum Operating Temperature
PL-AHT 10.7 x 7.7mm +/- 0.5mm
Minimum Bending Radius
PL-AHT - 25mm
PL-AHT 16.5 kg
Cable Gland Thread Size
Subject to change