Preface and Pre-requisites
This learning module has been aimed at electrical designers who already have a solid understanding of basic to intermediate heat tracing knowledge. Its aim is to expand on that knowledge and expand into some of the more advanced areas of heat tracing.
By the end of this learning module the designer will;
- Understand all the various heat tracing technologies
- Calculate stabilised heat tracing designs
- Calculate heat losses from vessels, tanks and other equipment
- Design underground heating
- Calculate Raise and Maintain losses
- Design road, pavement and stair heating
- Long-line considerations
- Design Long-line heating systems
- Introduction to skin-effect heating systems
- Look at complex control and monitoring systems
It is assumed before starting this module that the designer is already an experienced heat-tracing designer or has covered the beginners module followed by a period of practising the topics contained within that module.
Visit: hte-academy for more information
Upon successful completion, the student will receive a certificate of competence for Design of EHT by the ETHIC council that they have sucessfully completed the courses to a Level 2 in Heat Tracing Design. This certificate is valid for 3 years, at which point the student should re-take the course.