Preface and Pre-requisites
This learning module has been aimed at electrical designers who already have an awareness of electrical distribution systems and simple mechanical theory.
It is assumed that the designer has little or no knowledge of heat tracing and wishes to be able to design relatively simple heat tracing pipework.
By the end of this learning module the designer will;
- Understand what heat tracing is used for and the industry areas it can be used in
- Understand the relevant international standards that govern heat tracing
- Be able to calculate the amount of heat required to maintain a pipe at a particular temperature
- Analyse large or small piping systems and be able to break it down into manageable and logical groups
- Allocate the correct heating cable to the system
- Choose the correct ancillaries required to complete the system
- Calculate the power requirements for the heating system
It is assumed before starting this module that the designer has a basic understanding of electrical principles and Ohms Law.
Visit: hte-academy for more information
Upon successful completion, the student will receive a certificate of completion for Design of EHT by the ETHIC council that they have successfully completed the courses to a Level 1 in Heat Tracing Design. This certificate is valid for 3 years, at which point the student should re-take the course.