Location: Helsby, with some travel to Bredbury sites
Job Type: Permanent/Full Time
Heat Trace is part of the Global NIBE Group, part of NIBE Element (the world's largest element manufacturer) and represents NIBE in the UK as one of over 60 Group companies that are based all over the world. NIBE is a global group that develops and manufactures intelligent, energy-efficient indoor comfort solutions for all types of properties. This allows our clients to reduce their energy consumption and their impact on the environment. NIBE Element manufactures components and solutions for intelligent heating and control for industry and infrastructure.
Heat Trace is a manufacturing and engineering company with our headquarters and main manufacturing unit in Helsby Cheshire, we also have two manufacturing facilities at Bredbury, Stockport. The prime activity of the business is the manufacture of highly technical heating cables for use predominantly in the oil and gas and advanced processing industries.
About the role:
Due to growth, we are looking for an experienced and qualified Production Planner to organise production according to demand and quality standards.
An excellent production planner is well-versed in production procedures and ways to optimise them. They are organised and results-driven with great problem-solving skills. Advanced communication and computer skills are essential for the role.
You will be the one to ensure our goods are produced on time for distribution in a profitable manner. The goal is to ensure the smooth and cost-efficient flow of our production operations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Liaise with the sales department to determine customer requirements
- Determine manpower, equipment and raw materials needed to cover production demand
- Develop a production schedule detailing all tasks and when they should be completed to meet predicted completion dates
- Monitor project progress to ensure schedule are followed
- Address issues (materials, machine efficiency) when they arise aiming for minimum disruption
- Prepare and submit status and performance reports
- Organise, and maintain records
- Collect and assess data about the production and team performance
- Prepare reports regarding production processes and suggest ways to improve efficiencies
- Attention to detail
- Analytical & Numerical skills
- Proven experience as production planner
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent Organisational Skills
- Good Written and Oral Communication Skills (Especially in the Area of Statistics)
- Ability to Meet Deadlines & work under pressure
- Experience in Epicor or similar ERP/MRP planning systems
- Quality Control Experience
- Superior Problem-Solving Skills
- Knowledge of Supply Chain and Distribution Management
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Processes
- Cash Health Plan
- Free on-site parking
- 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, rising with length of service
- Company events
- Company pension scheme
- 5 day company sick pay scheme
In the first instance, please send a covering letter and CV to Nicola Fletcher at [email protected]
Alternatively, please use the postal address below:
Heat Trace Ltd