Quality Assurance Engineer
Heat Trace is part of the Global NIBE Group, part of NIBE Element (the world's largest element manufacturer) and represents NIBE in the UK as one of over 60 Group companies that are based all over the world. NIBE is a global group that develops and manufactures intelligent, energy-efficient indoor comfort solutions for all types of properties. This allows our clients to reduce their energy consumption and their impact on the environment. NIBE Element manufactures components and solutions for intelligent heating and control for industry and infrastructure.
Heat Trace is a manufacturing and engineering company with our headquarters and main manufacturing unit in Helsby Cheshire, we also have two manufacturing facilities at Bredbury, Stockport. The prime activity of the business is the manufacture of highly technical heating cables for use predominantly in the oil and gas and advanced processing industries.
About the role:
The Quality Assurance / Process Engineer supports the Head of Quality. This role requires an experienced, multiple disciplined individual with an understanding of the production processes, machines and procedures for making electrical cables. The role involves ensuring the quality of product produced. The role requires excellent problem solving abilities and a structured methodical approach to their work. This person often provides the link between management derived improvement requirements and practical translation to the production work force.
Main areas of responsibility:
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Ensuring that product quality is maintained throughout the production process.
- Ensuring that all processes are accurate and capable of producing product that conforms to Working Specifications for product.
- Is responsible for Cable Testing, Both in the Chamber and on the Pipe.
- Random sample testing on the Core lines. To ensure product Quality.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining Training Elements document to enable the consistent training of new operators with a consist method of production.
- Ensuring that all production personnel are assessed for competency to perform an individual process.
- Is responsible for ensuring that all training of production personnel is carried out in a timely manner and in accordance with Training Elements by appropriate trainers.
- Continuously improve quality of productivity of process either by process development, machine improvement or operator training to match objectives identified by the company.
- Investigate product quality issues and process difficulties making recommendations and implementing subsequent improvement action plans.
- Responsible for internally and externally calibrated measuring equipment and maintenance of calibration records.
- Responsible for dispatch test records for all Base cables to external customers.
- Collection of timesheets off the shop floor.
- Input of scrap information from timesheets into spreadsheet
- Updating stock control database with any stock movements.
- Gathering information off customer services database and comparing any incoming orders against stocks to ascertain quantities to be made.
- Scanning controlled documents/Production record sheets into Quality database.
Qualifications, Training & Experience:
- Extensive understanding and experience of electrical cable manufacture.
- Articulate with strong interpersonal and relationship skills.
- PC Literate – Good working knowledge of MS Office, Word and Excel literate, especially spreadsheets. AutoCAD an advantage.
- Cash Health Plan
- Free on-site parking
- 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, rising with length of service
- Company events
- Company pension scheme
- 5 day company sick pay scheme
In the first instance, please send a covering letter and CV to Nicola Fletcher at [email protected]
Alternatively, please use the postal address below:
Heat Trace Ltd